Friday, 4:00 p.m.
Horace Dediu on Apple and the App Business
Watch Renaissance sessions year-round. Join Renaissance IO.
Horace Dediu is an analyst with a focus on the mobile phone industry and especially Apple. Blogging at asymco.com, he often posts surprising facts that confront the conventional "wisdom" of other analysts, who are often predicting doom-and-gloom for Apple.
We asked Horace to share his thoughts on technology, change, and how to anticipate the next big thing.
- “The data visualization in Horace's presentation were phenomenal!”
- “Fantastic talk. Exactly the kind of speaker for Renaissance, to get you thinking about things you had not considered.”
- “Very interesting in the different dots that Horace connected. Made me feel good about being an independent app developer despite not making very much money so far. I enjoyed his perspectives.”
- “Horace is an amazing speaker with deep analytical insights without the usual industry fluff. I always learn something from his presentations and, more importantly, walk away from them with food for reflection on society, technology, history and our contribution to it as a person and a community.”
- “Rocking presentation as only Horace can deliver! Fantastic ending to 2014 Renio!”
- “My jaw was on the floor for the entire presentation. So many things I'd never thought to consider.”
- “Wow! What a great way to close out the conference.”
- “Mind blown. Fantastic.”
- “Outstanding! Really liked Horace's presentation.”
- “Best talk ever.”
- “Christ, this guy is BRILLIANT!”
- “Would love to see him again next year.”
- “Very broad yet still informative.”
- “Best talk ever :)”